Monday, January 10, 2011

Welcome!



Welcome to the new blog for First Baptist Mauriceville's Women's Ministry. This is a place where I will post announcements, upcoming events, thoughts, ideas, and other ramblings! I am so excited about this new year in our church as we seek to bring the gospel to Mauriceville, TX so "that all may worship." It is my desire that the Women's Ministry will reach out to Mauriceville and the surrounding areas to reach women with the knowledge that God loves them and sent His Son to die for them. My prayer is that each of you will be praying, studying, worshiping, and seeking God's will as He leads you to fulfill your part in His kingdom!


Are you ready? Let's get started!


This Sunday will officially be the kickoff of our Women's Ministry Team. If you signed up to help, or even if you didn't and think you might want to help, please plan on staying after the morning worship service for a light lunch and planning session. We will begin planning for our Priscilla Shirer simulcast in April. We will need plenty of help, so please plan to stay and encourage a friend to stay with you!


I also wanted to make you aware of another opportunity that I believe will make an enormous impact on your life. Beth Moore has begun a scripture memory commitment on her blog. Each person who signs up makes the commitment to memorize 24 scriptures over the next year (one every two weeks). I can hardly stand it when I think about what God might do in our lives and in our church if we make the commitment to meditating on His word throughout this next year. If you want to participate, you can find the instructions
here. (Just click on the link!) The post where you post your first verse is here. I know it officially started on the first, but it's not too late. You can do this! If you decide to participate, post your scripture as a comment on this blog. I think it will be great for us all to share what we're learning and support each other in our commitments.


I'll go first! "Be anxious for nothing but in everything, through prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phil. 4: 6-7

I am so looking forward to serving with you this year!


Kristy

6 comments:

  1. This is exciting! A great way to start 2011 with.
    I signed up last week for the scripture memory. Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. Psalm 126:5 NKJV I have been doing the Kelly Minter study on Ruth and this was one of the verse that really has spoke to me.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy - I think the blog is great and I am so excited to see the things God will do in us and our Church this year. I'm just about finished with Priscilla Shirer's "One in a Million" bible study and it has been great! I've done a couple of her other ones also and they were wonderful so I'm really looking forward to the simulcast....

    My Scripture for Beth Moore's Scripture Memory is:

    Ephesians 4:29 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." (NIV)

    Thanks so much for doing this! I look foward to reading the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing it is to know His word!

    My scripture is:

    Psalm 5:3 "In the morning,O Lord, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and wait in expectation."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for this and other Ministries going on at FBC. Can't wait to see what God is going to do through this Ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia said...
    My scripture is... "I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart, I will tell of your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2 NIV
    Scripture memory can be a powerful thing in our lives and I'm excited that our sisters at FBCM can share their scriptures with each other. What power and hope is in God's Word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD is the Rock eternal." Isaiah 26:3-4 NIV

    ReplyDelete