Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Committments

Ok, so I haven't been vey good at blogging. Like many things I do, I have great intentions that get pushed aside as life happens. As a new year starts, I always take the opportunity to start fresh and make new committments. In the past, this has looked something like, "Every day this year, I'm going to get up at 5:00 am, study the Bible, exercise, get ready for work, wake my children with praise music so the can happily get ready for school as I cook them a nutritious breakfast." Then, I remember that I hate getting up and am not really all that fond of exercise, and pretty soon, I'm back to oversleeping and throwing granola bars to my kids as we rush off to school. :)

This year, I'm hoping to be a little more sane with my committments. I will exercise with my family so my children will develop good habits. We have committed to running the Gusher 5K as a family in March. Anyone want to join us? I am also committing to reading my Bible (just not at 5:00 am). This morning, at breakfast, Kevin read Psalm 119:11, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." We talked about the importance of knowing God's word, and Kevin told the kids we would be memorizing one verse a week as a family. I have to admit I got really excited. Yes, I love the idea of memorizing scripture with my family, but it's not just that fact that has me so excited. Remember my scripture memory attempt last year, and how much trouble I would have choosing a verse? Now, I don't have to choose! I know, that's really sad, but just in case you're like me, I'll be posting our weekly verse so you can memorize along with us if you want.

This leads me to my last committment. I'm really going to try to use this blog more. I know that many of our ladies aren't online, but many are. This gives me a chance to connect with many of you in the midst of our busy lives. You can also follow me on Twitter (@KristyBrown). So please, follow along with me on this journey and help keep me accountable and sane. I'm already fighting the urge to add more committments (anyone want to learn Spanish and Greek?). :)

Also let me know your ideas for Women's Ministry this year. I woukd really like to have a Bible study (I'm wrestling with times so let me know your thoughts), and I'm thinking about a ladies' luncheon or tea.

Let's make this the year we grow closer to God and each other. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment